Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Midday

Woah! It feels like it's been awhile since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd show some of my progress using colour. So I've entitled this piece Midday and I decided that I wanted to start on playing with colour with a simple illustration, nothing too complex. A big shout out to my mate Robson Vieira for his feedback when I was working on this; thanks man!
 
I decided that I should start messing around with using colour and getting more confident with it after viewing the work of Pascal Campion. I just love this guys use of colour and his compositions. They're what I call "feel good" images - rather emotive.
 
Anyhow, here's what I've done with some notes..
 
 The final image. Midday.

 So this image shows the original sketch which has been partially painted over already (I forgot to keep a save of the sketch on its own, but it still gives you an idea of what I originally started off with).
 
This image really shows what everything looked like after I had layed down the main brush strokes. It was quite bold and saturated at this stage, which was what I was originally going for, however after some feedback and doing some additional research, I realized that it was a bit flat and needed further work done to it.
 
If you compare this image to the final, you'll notice I toned down some of that intense satuation of the character, softened some areas and added blooming and some additional lighting effects as well as some more texture to the sky to make it more interesting to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment