Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hugh

I've been getting back into animation lately (in the sense of personal projects) and so I decided to do a little something with a character that I developed awhile back [but never got past concept designs]. I wanted to break back into 2D animation, so I came up with a simple idea that would just revolve around the one character.
 

A screenshot from the animation showing the character Hugh standing next to a lever.
 
It was just ment to be a fun little animation exercise, really, to get me back into the swing of things, which I found to be successful in doing so. The character Hugh was the central character to a serial concept that I had developed awhile back [and am still sitting on, till I can figure out the best approach that I should take with it - either develop it as a 2D animation or as a 3D animation]. I've been reading a book by Joe Murray (creator of such successful cartoons as Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo) entitled Creating Animated Cartoons with Character, which has been a really interesting and insightful read which is giving me great ideas/direction for future and current projects that I work on so as to be able to take things to a new level and get my content out there. Anyway, we'll see what happens. It all takes time, and effort.
 
Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment