Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reference Study #03

Here we go again! So, yet another attempt at digital painting. I am really happy how this one turned out, mainly due to the fact that I feel like I did a better job at attaining the likeness of the person I was painting; and yes, the person in question is the awesome Gregory Peck, who will always be the lovable Atticus Finch to me. I felt like I was a lot quicker painting this one too, although there's clearly aspects that I need to keep working on, but hey, that's all part of the process, and all part of the fun!

I've been getting a real rush from painting, it's fantastic - seriously, I didn't realize just how much I enjoy drawing/painting until of late when I started doing it again... it's such a zen thing to do. I guess with all the busyness in my life and creative time usually devoted to computer graphics or cartoony vector drawings, I never gave much thought and attention to just sitting down and drawing or painting like I use to when I was a kid and just working away at something until it looked nice. Good times... good times.

Can't wait to start working on the next one. I'm tossing up between doing another man, or a woman again. I have an idea of who I'll do, either way, so just have to wait and see!

My Attempt at Gregory Peck.

The Gregory Peck Reference Image (from To Kill a Mockingbird).

The Sketch I started with.

No comments:

Post a Comment