Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Reference Study #04

So after a short break from drawing (and a serious clean of my computer), I've gotten back into it again. I had re-installed Photoshop and was having issues finding my brush at first (it's nothing special really, but I like working with it), but once I had gotten that all sorted, I was cooking!
 
I chose to paint one of my all time favourite musicians this time 'round, the wonderful Enya. I grew up listening to her Watermark album (I specifically remember playing with lego in the living room with it playing on the ol' sound system) and it's one of those great nostalgic moments of my childhood! (dare I say, "subtly defining")

This time 'round I also had the challange of painting a hand which I wasn't too sure about, but I think it came out fairly ok. I think I might have rushed it in some areas, mainly some parts of the hair, and there are still some off proportions, but I feel that I was able to capture some likeness of her still. I feel like the quality of my blending is getting better though, I feel like it's come out more smoother, so I'm getting there. Again, it was an enjoyable process, and I'm eager to start the next one, but it may have to be put on hold for a few days since I'm quite busy through out this week with other commitments.
 
My attempt at Enya.
 
 
The Enya Reference Image.

The sketch I started with.


No comments:

Post a Comment