Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reference Study #12

Well, this particular DP was a long time in the making. I started this one [I think] around the beginning of the year, but I had to shelve it due to an increasing work load at the time, among other things. I would try working on it a little bit here and there, but I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with it with the time that I did spend on it. Anyhow, I recently just sat down and belted it out. The hair was by far the trickiest that I've had to deal with (blond hair is tough). I was initially hesitant about painting the dress as well, but once I got into the jive of it all, it was straight forward stuff, thankfully. I did rush it a bit towards the end, I'll admit, however it wasn't productive for me to continue on with this image any longer than I already have, so I'm satisfied to wash my hands of it.
 
Let's see what happens next...
 
Yvonne
 
 The Reference Image of Yvonne Strahovski.
 
The sketch I started with.
 
A "Work in Progress" showing some of the development of Yvonne.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment