Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Thursday, November 4, 2021

German Emperor (Digital Painting)

This was another piece that was a long time in the making, in which I took on around the time I started the Warrior commission back in 2015, with the idea that I'd commence it after the Warrior's completion (in early 2016). Needless to say, after getting through the greyscale render of the painting and I think having to stop for a period due to health issues in 2016 it went on the back burner for some time. Every now and then I'd do a bit of work on it, but would ultimately sit dormant until early 2021 (after the 'rush' I was feeling from completing Dragons' Feast) where I was motivated to finally just get IT done.

Unlike the Warrior painting, the brief was to take the painting of Kaiser Wilhelm II in German Navy Uniform and replace the subject with the client's likeness. It was an interesting experience, although not as creatively stimulating since it was mainly an exercise in reproduction. In all, I thought the end result was fine.

German Emperor

Greyscale (Work in Progress)

Facial Reference (Sam)

Reference - Kaiser Wilhelm II in German Navy Uniform

No comments:

Post a Comment