Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

3D Scraps #01

Ok, here's a little look back at something that started back in early 2011, but unfortunately fizzled out. My mate Robson Vieira, myself and the guys at a local studio were looking at developing some content which would showcase our combined skills to clients, however it didn't get off the ground too well due to other commitments and increasingly busy schedules. We had originally conceptualized a number of individual pieces that would showcase animation and VFX. This one I'm showing was one of the concepts I came up with (and the only one that got beyond concept drawings).

It was going to quite simply, be about an office worker who's tired and worn out, working back rather late, and on the border of death (ok, maybe that's exaggerating - about to pass out), he needs a cuppa' Joe. After one sip, streamers and confetti appear out of nowhere and float down over him - as if that life-saving sip was like a party in his mouth that was able to soothe his over worked, tired brain.

It was a simple concept, but it was designed really to showcase the visuals, animation and effects. My good mate Robson Vieira Dos Santos helped set the look and feel of the project with his amazing concept art. Totally swing by his blog and check his stuff out - The Art of RobJob. It really seems like a shame that this never got finished. I was at least able to create the office worker in 3D.

Maybe one day I'll finish it off...

First concept art of the office environment and the tired office worker. Created by Robson Vieira.

After some additional sketches of the tired office worker character, we settled on this design. Created by Robson Vieira.

This is the tired office worker character that I modelled, textured and rigged. I wouldn't call it "complete", as there are still some aspects that I'd tweak if I was to continue on, namely the materials and finish off the rig.

Oh, and here's an early WIP shot of the character in the mid stages of being modelled. Kinda reminds me of a bobble-head. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment