Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Second Attempt at Digital Painting

Well, this is my next try with digital painting. This time I decided to grab some kind of a reference that I could study so I could work on lighting, colouring and posing. I felt like I learned a lot from this exercise, and my comfort and confidence with the process is definitely increasing; ofcourse there's still a long road before me. You can view the refence I used HERE, created by photographer LittleFlair.

I've decided for at least the next few paintings I'll do them in black and white so I can take "colour" out of the equation and just focus on getting the values and blending down better. Also I'll be aiming to improve my overall drawing skills, especially when it comes to proportions.

So here's what I've done so far. I may continue to work a little bit more on this (work on the background too). I'm fairly happy with the progress that I'm making with digital painting.

Here's the sketch I drew roughly based on the reference image. My plan wasn't to go for a carbon copy of the reference, but keep it as a good guide to follow through out the whole process.


Hopefully onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment