Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

3D Scraps #02

Here's another little flash back to late 2008 - early 2009. I wanted to have another go at creating a female character from scratch, since earlier in 2008 I had [to some success] developed a female bust which you can see HERE. This time I had decided that I wanted to also explore developement of the body as well as rig her so she could be posed and animated. I also decided that I'd look into hair dynamics since I wanted her to have long flowing hair, and my skills in the area were hardly developed. I spose what I was aiming for was a tad ambitious at the time, but it's a great way to push yourself to do better.

I never properly "finished" this character though, because there are still some aspects of the model that I'd want to tweak as well as the hair which needs a lot more work done to it. I'm definitely holding onto this model though, cause I do believe that I'll get around to fixing it up and making it look better than I left it.

This was a sort of test render I did of the character, which I obviously did some major post-work in Photoshop to make it look good. I think the hair was one of the big issues at the time.

This was another test render that I did, posing and lighting the character a bit. It appears though that I went a little overboard with the post-work in Photoshop. Again. The HAIR! Yuck. :P

On the left was the character pre-rigged and no hair dynamics. The image on the right was post-rigged and I was making a start on the hair (it looks like a wet mop).

Ok, here's a work in progress shot of the character, still in the modelling process. I wasn't aiming for photo-realism, but to have a slightly stylized look to it. At the time I was inspired by the work of artist Artgerm and his Pepper Smiles digital painting. He's one of my favourite artists.

And here's a little look at the topology of the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment