Welcome!

This is the place where I'll be posting bits and pieces from here and there (the creative scraps and incomplete works), hopefully documenting my creative journey of self improvement!

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Girl 2018 (Digital Painting)

Towards the end of 2018 I drew yet another girl. This time I kept the reference which was a photo taken by Tatiana Kurnosova and can be viewed here. I also recorded another time-lapse of my process. Looking back on it, there's a lot wrong with it, especially with the eyes, and quite frankly I don't know what's going on with the mouth. I should have re-posed it and spent more time refining the proportions. Another thing I know I struggle with (and it shows in this one) is painting the background. I either don't have a clear picture as to what I want to do with it, or just want to get it over and done with and so I rush it. Something I will try and improve on.

There's definitely a lot you can learn from viewing process videos of your own work to see areas of improvement perhaps more noticeably than when you analyse the end result. Just a thought.

Girl 2018

Time-lapse video.

No comments:

Post a Comment